Saturday, May 17, 2008

When did this happen!!!!

So tonight after work, I stopped by Candace's parents house. See they are having a party for Kelsey. Kelsey graduated from High School, and is one of Candace's younger sisters. I remember when we would have to go to there house to wait for the girls to get off the bus. She will be turning 18 this summer, and man how time flies.

As I sat in my chair watching Kelsey blow bubbles, I thought back to when I graduated. The year was 2001, and I was 17. I had soooooo many goals and dreams. I had planned my life right down to the seconds. As I started to recall, I felt great about all of the goals I set for myself at 17 and at 24 have completed. I wanted to move out, graduate college, and start a career. (All I have completed) Than I thought about some of the silly things I just knew would happen. I was going to be married by 22 to my boyfriend at the time, start a family at 25, and live in New York City. (All I no long want to do, except live in NYC) It amazes me how much I changed just in the first year of college, not to mention the following four years. Even today, I realized I am still changing. I am not the same person I was a year ago or even four months ago. So tonight I had a thought. "You never STOP changing."

So CONGRATS class of 2008, especially Kelsey Moore!!! Good luck with all that you choose to do and know that it is o.k. to CHANGE!!!! I leave you with a quote that a friend gave me.

"For all that you are and for all that I know you will be"- Unknown.


No comments: